Wednesday, March 28, 2007

cold magic

Rachel's magic lemon and honey cold fighting elixir (passed down from my mom, perfected by me):

Set the kettle on to boil.
Put 1 tablespoon of honey in a coffee mug.
Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (of course you should use fresh, but I often use bottled)
Fill mug with very hot or boiling water. Stir and then add more honey or lemon to taste.
It should taste like very lemony lemonade, but you shouldn't make a nasty face when you drink it.

This is good for: cotton mouth (from breathing through your mouth all night), sore/scratchy throat, tickling cough, minor congestion, raw voice, and that nasty taste colds leave in your mouth. It also helps clear up that fuzzy mouth feeling colds can cause. I love it but only really crave it when I'm sick.
I've been meaning to try it with whiskey instead of lemon juice. A honey hot toddy I guess it would be... not that I really know what a hot toddy is.

No comments: