Friday, April 18, 2008

Favorite Friday- The Strange Disappearance of Arthur Cluck

This was my favorite book as a small child. I asked my grandmother to read it so many times over the course of the day that she took to hiding it from me.It is the story of Arthur, the chick who rides on his mother's head, who goes missing one day. His mother enlists the help of an owl named Ralph to help her recover Arthur. In the end, Arthur is discovered, rescued and reunited with his mother.During the course of his investigation Ralph follows and questions a pack-rat. My favorite illustration has always been this one, depicting the pack-rat's horde of stolen treasures. I've been taking good care of this book since I became an adult because I look forward to sharing it with my children someday.

On the knitting front, I've been slowly making progress on the Rudy socks and hope to have pictures of Sizzle up soon.

Happy Friday!!

No comments: